Safety and security are two of the things that every home owner should be mindful about. When you want to step inside your home, you would want to feel as comfortable as you can be. You do not want to have any kind of worries that might cause you stress and anxiety.
Perhaps two of the most common causes of worry for homeowners are the threat of burglary and fire. These are problems concerning security and safety and they would have to be addressed in separate ways. Burglar and fire alarms have been around for some time but they have not been very common until recent years.
Security Systems- With the development of technology, there are now all kinds of security systems that are available in the market. These can be installed in houses, in vehicles and even on the body. Here are just some of the more common security systems in use today:
- Motion Sensors- These types of security systems detect any kind of movement in a given location. There are various ways for detecting motion. One method is to use infrared light in order to detect if there is any kind of movement in the area.
- Wireless Systems- The term refers to the fact that this system does not have to be connected by wire to the central monitoring station. They can therefore be placed virtually anywhere.
- Acoustic Sensors- These security systems are installed in areas where someone forcing an entry would have to make a great amount of noise, such as glass windows and doors. They can detect changes in sound vibration.
- Personal Alarms- These kinds of alarms are worn around the body. When an emergency happens they can then be activated so that people around the person wearing the alarm can be notified.
Fire Alarm Systems- These systems are used for detecting the start of a fire and raising an alarm so people can become aware of the emergency. Here are some of the more commonly used alarm systems for fire today:
- Thermal System- This alarm system detects changes in the temperature within a room. If the temperature reaches a certain point that will trigger the alarm to go off.
- Photoelectric- This alarm system uses the light generated by the fire in order to trigger the alarm and alert people that there is a fire going on.
- Ionization-This system detects the particles on the smoke in order to trigger the alarm. Because smoke is created at the early stages when a fire occurs, this works very well for fire prevention, since it can raise the alarm before serious damage can be done.