By all indications, we have got to be ready because of the climate change that is taking place. Experts predict that it would have a serious impact in the way that the weather is affecting us. One serious effect that it would have is in the storms that would batter us. Weather experts believe that the coming storms would be stronger and they would be more frequent.
We can’t do anything about storms. The best we can try is to prepare for them. If you live in an area where they are bound to make frequent visits then you should get your house prepared. When they strike, the best that we can do is know how to do proper clean-up. Here are some ideas on how to perform proper cleaning after a storm:
- If a great part of your house was submerged underwater then you have to make sure that the electrical lines are still intact. If you are not sure, then just turn it off for the moment.
- In case your basement or the inside of your house was flooded by water, your most immediate concern would be to remove that from your house. If there is still a lot of water trapped then you can only do that by using a pump. Once the bulk of the water has been removed you can start drying it up using a mop and rags.
- You need to open windows and other vents in order for fresh air to circulate inside the house. That would help in preventing mould and mildew from taking hold. It could also be helpful in preventing permanent damage from happening.
- Flood water is filled with germs and microorganisms that can cause diseases. You should use some powerful disinfectant that could kill the germs. Use the disinfectant on walls, on the floor and the entire surface that you are going to clean.
- If you have a drywall that was soaked in floodwater that would have to be removed and replaced. There is very little chance that it can be dried for use again. There is a very high likelihood for mould and mildew to take hold of there.
- If there were any trees or branches that fell on your yard, then the local services should be able to help you out in clearing them. There are instances however when you need to do it on your own. In those cases you need to call experts to take care of it for you.